Dance on the DL is turning the dial way up this Fall with our new performance team program, Project Fire!
What is Project Fire?: Project Fire is a performance based dance training program that will center around preparation, rehearsal and execution of several local, live performances and concept videos. Our goal with this program is to build THE premiere performance team in Fairfield County. Tokeneke Pumpkin Carnival today, Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade tomorrow.
How can I become a part of Project Fire?
- Project Fire is open to all dancers ages 8 and up. Dance experience is not mandatory, but strongly encouraged.
- All auditions are open to the public. You do NOT need to dance with Dance on the DL to be eligible to audition.
- All those that make the team will become official 2400 CREW Team Members.
- To be the first to know when the next Project Fire Audition is being held, please email us at email@example.com to join our email list.
Why the 2400 Crew name? When a fire becomes white hot, it has reached its hottest temperature. 2400 degrees is the average temperature that fire becomes white hot. And the 2400 Crew is guaranteed to turn up the heat and bring the fire wherever and whenever they perform.
What is the time commitment?
- Every Saturday we will offer two hours of training classes for crew members to take*.
- Every crew member must commit to a mandatory (minimum) of 4 hours of training/month.
- The 4 hours can be broken down the best way it fits with the team members schedule.
- Each class/hour held on Saturday is considered one hour of mandatory training.
- *The Project Fire management team reserves the right to change/alter the practice schedule as needed to accommodate team needs.
What does it cost? There are no fees to audition for or join the 2400 Crew at this time. Parents ARE responsible for any gear or costume costs.
What will training include? All training will revolve around building well-rounded performers and TEAM. There will be two main categories of training.
- Dance & Technique: Dancers will train across multiple dance genres including Hip Hop, Breakdancing, Jazz and Contemporary. Training will focus on technique, breadth of movement, connection to the dance, commitment to character and building stamina.
- Performance/Show Preparation: When preparing for a live performance or video, the training schedule will be revised to revolve around rehearsals and preparations for each individual show. During this time, DL will require certain training times as mandatory. A full training schedule and schedule of performances will be provided.
Absence: Team members will need to sign-up and in for all trainings that they attend. Any member that has signed up for a training and does not show up, is considered absent. Two absences in a row (without communication and consent of the DL Staff) will be considered a forfeit of their spot on the team.
HOW TO AUDITION:
There are currently no scheduled auditions for Project Fire. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to join our email list and be the first to know when the next auditions are.